Pathable's agenda allows you to "nest" agenda items within other agenda items. The two most common use cases are poster sessions and long session with a sequence of parts (e.g., an opening session with an introduction by one speaker, a keynote, and an awards section).
In the administrative dashboard, you will see the controls used for setting these up referenced as "parent" and "child" sessions. The "parent" session would be entry that appears on the main agenda (e.g., "Poster Session 1"), while the child sessions are the items that appear within that (e.g., the individual posters).
To see an example of how these appear on an agenda, visit https://vision-summit-virtual.pathable.co/meetings/MaF76QFe7dxFmtFqp#/?limit=10&sortByFields=createdAt&sortByOrders=-1
These parent-child agenda items can be set up in two ways: via import from spreadsheet.
Importing Parent Sessions
To import parent sessions, you will use a spreadsheet similar to the one you have used to create your main agenda, but you will first create the "parent" session on one row, including an "external id" for reference. Then, one subsequent rows, include the parent's "external id" in the "parent id" column. The system will then place each of the subsequent rows into the "parent".
Download this sample spreadsheet to see how to set things up.
- Create your spreadsheet
- In your Dashboard, visit Data Import
- Choose Start New Import
- Choose Agenda
- Upload your spreadsheet
Creating Parent Sessions Manually
To manually create a poster session, from your Dashboard:
- Visit Agenda
- Choose Add and create your "parent session" (e.g., "Poster Session 1")
- Re-open the session you just created for editing and go to the Children tab
- Use the Add Child button to add each of your sessions manually
If you have already created the sessions, you can also edit the session and choose use the Parent field to slot the poster session under its parent.
- Child sessions will not show up on your main agenda. They will only be visible when viewing the parent session's details.
- The times for the child sessions may be different than the parent, but the day may not.
Special Configuration for Poster Sessions:
To manually indicate that a session is a poster session:
- Host Tools Dashboard > Agenda > select the session.
- Select the Virtual tab and check the "A poster session" checkbox.
- Optionally you can also check "Show all docs as posters" if speakers will have multiple doc files and you want to use all of them as posters.
Any documents uploaded to this session will be added to the preview pane on the meeting details page.
New Poster Session Page
Pro Tip: If you are importing poster sessions to your agenda via a spreadsheet, create a column in the spreadsheet called "poster sessions" and enter a value of TRUE for any session that should be a poster session.