You may wish to allow people to moderate chats / discussions on their site, but not otherwise give that user admin access. This can be done with permissions:
- People > Attributes > Add New
- Call your new Label set "Chat Moderator" and set it to type = "Label"
- Manage Labels and create a Label called "Moderator"
- Edit your Label set so it doesn't show up on the details page, cards and also so it's not searchable (hide it)
- Enable permissions on the labelset:
- Settings > Permissions > "Manage the rules that govern the permissions system. Only for advanced community administrators."
- Choose "Messages" in the dropdown
- Add a rule saying that "Moderator can CRUD Any Public Messages"
- Apply the "Moderator" label to any users who you wish to give this power to