When wait list is enabled, attendees can put themselves on a wait list for sessions with limited capacity. You can access this wait list from the Host Tools Dashboard in order to backfill if space becomes available.
What Waitlist Does Do:
Once the capacity on a session is reached, the attendee sees a button that reads, "Join Waitlist."
Attendees who click this button are added to the wait list for this session.
What Waitlist Doesn't Do:
Waitlist does not automatically backfill slots in a session if a registered attendee drops out. An admin needs to manually monitor wait listed sessions and move attendees from the wait list to the active membership list on a periodic basis.
Manual Method: From the Host Tools Dashboard:
- Select Agenda> Locate the session for which you'd like to enable Waitlist
- On the Agenda session, select the Advanced tab
- Select the checkbox for "Allow attendees to join a wait list for this meeting"
On a spreadsheet:
- Include a column called "Waitlist," and for any session that should have waitlist enabled, enter TRUE in the cell.
- Import using Data Import, mapping the column to the Enabled for wait list field.
Moving Attendees from the Waitlist to the Main Members List:
Once the capacity is reached, it stays "full" even if someone else drops out, to give you a chance to fill those spots with wait listed people.
- Host Tools Dashboard > Agenda > select the individual session you'd like to manage
- Select the Members tab to see the individuals on the Wait list. They will have a time stamp, indicating when they joined the wait list:
3. Select the name of the person you'd like to promote to the meeting.
4. Change their status, using the Wait list buttons, from WAIT LISTED to ATTENDING, then SAVE.
Resetting the Wait List:
If there are no attendees on your wait list, you may turn the wait list off, then on again, to "reset" the feature.