Speaker FAQs & Best Practice Examples
Q: How do I edit my profile?
A: From the main menu navigation, select Account Edit my profile. Here, you can add a profile picture, your organization's name, add a short bio, set your profile preferences, and share other relevant information about yourself.
Q: How do I access the session that I'm speaking at?
A: You can view the session(s) you're assigned to by accessing "My Agenda" or viewing your profile.
Q: How do I launch my live virtual session?
A: Launch your live session by visiting the session page (Click on the specific session from "My Agenda" or from your profile) Click "Manage" "Start Live Meeting" (The button will read "Cannot Be Started" until 20 minutes before the session start time)
Best Practice: Enter the session’s "green room" up to 20 minutes before the start time. This will allow you to prepare for your webinar before you "broadcast live" to attendees.
Q: Do I need to have Zoom installed to participate as the speaker/presenter of a virtual session?
A: Yes, you will need to download Zoom onto your machine if you do not already have it installed. You can use your own Zoom account to host the session or create a new account.
- Browser: We strongly recommend using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser
- Internet: Use a strong internet connection to avoid buffering or slow downs
- Clear Your Browser Cache: If you're experiencing technical difficulties, try clearing your browser cache first. Learn More Here: Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
- Close Unused Browser Tabs or Windows
- Use headphones or a separate speaker for the best audio quality and experience
- Test your audio and screen-sharing prior to launching your session
- Lighting & Background: Find a well-lit space with a neutral background
- More Speaker Presentation Pro Tips Here
Q: How do I record my virtual session?
A: If you are hosting a "webinar" style virtual session, the event Administrator will need to set your recording permissions. (Event Administrators, See Here: Recording Live Presentations)
If you are hosting a "meeting" style virtual session, you (the speaker) will need to record the session manually by selecting the "Record" button at the bottom of the Zoom window and clicking "Record To Cloud."
- Webinar-Style Virtual Session - A webinar style session allows the speaker or panelist(s) to have full control of the session. Only the speaker/panelist(s) will be seen and heard while audience members can only watch, listen, or participate in the chat. Only the speaker/panelist(s) will have screen-sharing rights.
- Meeting-Style Virtual Session - A meeting style session has a host and multiple attendees who all have the capability to be seen, heard, and share their screens. A meeting-style session is more interactive than a webinar and can be used for group meetings and breakout sessions.
Q: How do I upload Files or Create Polls associated with my session?
A: Upload files, create/manage polls, and view attendees who have "checked-in" from your session's management page.
Learn More About Files Here
Create your own FAQs specific to your event.
Download the screen shots used above here.