Speaker FAQs and Best Practices Follow
Speaker FAQs & Best Practice Examples
How do I edit my profile?
How do I access the session that I'm speaking at?
How do I launch my live virtual session?
Do I need to have Zoom installed to participate as the speaker/presenter of a virtual session?
How do I record my virtual session?
How do I upload Files or Create Polls associated with my session?
How can I see the Pathable Chat and my zoom room at the same time?
How do I adjust the chat in Zoom?
Q: How do I edit my profile?
A: In the top right corner of the page, select Your Name > Edit my profile. Here, you can add a profile picture, your organization's name, add a short bio, set your profile preferences, and share other relevant information about yourself.
Q: How do I access the session that I'm speaking at?
A: You can view the session(s) you're assigned to by accessing "My Agenda" or viewing your profile.
Q: How do I launch my live virtual session?
A: Launch your live session by visiting the session page (Click on the specific session from "My Agenda" or from your profile) Click "Manage" "Start Live Meeting" (The button will read "Cannot Be Started" until 20 minutes before the session start time)
Best Practice: Enter the session’s "green room" up to 20 minutes before the start time. This will allow you to prepare for your webinar before you "broadcast live" to attendees.
Q: Do I need to have Zoom installed to participate as the speaker/presenter of a virtual session?
A: Yes, you will need to download Zoom onto your machine if you do not already have it installed. You can use your existing free account or create a log in. You do not need to purchase a professional license, as this will be provided by Pathable for your session.
Learn More Here: Preparation Before the Event
- Browser: We strongly recommend using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser
- Internet: Use a strong internet connection to avoid buffering or slow downs
- Clear Your Browser Cache: If you're experiencing technical difficulties, try clearing your browser cache first. Learn More Here: Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
- Close Unused Browser Tabs or Windows
- Use headphones or a separate speaker for the best audio quality and experience
- Test your audio and screen-sharing prior to launching your session
- Lighting & Background: Find a well-lit space with a neutral background
- More Speaker Presentation Pro Tips Here
Q: How do I record my virtual session?
A: If you are hosting a "webinar" style virtual session, the event Administrator will need to set your recording permissions. (Event Administrators, See Here: Recording Live Presentations)
If you are hosting a "meeting" style virtual session, you (the speaker) will need to record the session manually by selecting the "Record" button at the bottom of the Zoom window and clicking "Record To Cloud."
- Webinar-Style Virtual Session - A webinar style session allows the speaker or panelist(s) to have full control of the session. Only the speaker/panelist(s) will be seen and heard while audience members can only watch, listen, or participate in the chat. Only the speaker/panelist(s) will have screen-sharing rights.
- Meeting-Style Virtual Session - A meeting style session has a host and multiple attendees who all have the capability to be seen, heard, and share their screens. A meeting-style session is more interactive than a webinar and can be used for group meetings and breakout sessions.
Q: How do I upload Files or Create Polls associated with my session?
A: Upload files, create/manage polls, and view attendees who have "checked-in" from your session's management page.
Learn More About Files Here
Q: How can I see the Pathable Chat and my zoom room at the same time?
A: This is easily done if you have two monitors. On one screen you can have your Zoom room, and keep the Pathable website on the other.
If you only have one monitor, you can emulate a dual screen by splitting your screen. To do this, shrink your Zoom room to talk about half of your monitor. Click back into your browser and shrink this to about half your screen. The end result will look like the image below. You can find more about splitting your screen here.
Q: How do I adjust the chat in Zoom?
A: This can be done by an host or co-host. Select the chat icon in the Zoom controls at the bottom of the screen. In the chat box, select the 3 dots and select your chat setting.
In a webinar, the chat controls dictate who that attendees can message with. All panelists, co-hosts, and hosts will still be able to chat amongst each other and send messages to attendees even when chat is completely disabled for attendees.
In meetings, that chat controls dictate who attendees can message with. All hosts and co-hosts will be able to message each other directly and send messages to the attendees even when chat is completely disabled for attendees.
Webinar chat controls:
Meeting chat controls:
Create your own FAQs specific to your event.
Download the screen shots used above here.