Attendee FAQs & Best Practice Examples
Q: How do I add sessions to my agenda?
A: From the main navigation menu, select Schedule > Agenda and then click the plus sign (+) next to any session(s) that you want to add to your agenda.
Best Practice: Some sessions may have limited capacity, so it's important to sign up as soon as possible!
Q: How do I join a virtual session?
A: To join a virtual session, navigate to the specific session's page (Schedule > Agenda/My Agenda > Click on the session). On the session page, you will be able to join the session (1) minute before the specified start time by clicking "Join Live Meeting".
Q: How do I edit my profile?
A: From the main menu navigation, select Account > Edit my profile. Here, you can add a profile picture, your organization's name, and a short bio, set your profile preferences, and share other relevant information about yourself.
Q: How can I schedule 1:1 or group meetings?
A: From the main navigation menu, select People > Attendees/Speakers. Find the person you'd like to connect with and click the three dots symbol (•••) next to their name. Select "Schedule Meeting". Click the drop down next to an individual and select 'Schedule meeting'. From the meeting scheduler page, you will be able to add additional people to your meeting, view each participant's calendar, and select a meeting date and time that works for you. You can title the meeting and add a short description before sending the invitation to the participants.
[Attendee Page View]
[Schedule A Meeting]
Q: How can I join a discussion (public forum) or start my own discussion conversation?
A: Join a conversation or start a discussion around a specific topic by visiting the "Conversations" tab in the main navigation menu. Conversations > Public Forums
- To Join A Discussion: Click on a topic, and click the "Reply” Button to comment
- To Start A New Conversation: Click "New Conversation"
Q: As an attendee, do I need to download any software in order to participate in virtual meetings/sessions within the platform/website?
A: No, you don't need any additional software. You will only need a computer and a stable internet connection to join virtual meetings or sessions.
- Browser: We strongly recommend using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser
- Internet: Ensure you have a strong internet connection to avoid buffering or slow downs
- Clear Your Browser Cache: If you're experiencing technical difficulties, try clearing your browser cache first. Learn More Here
- Close Unused Browser Tabs or Windows
- Use headphones or a separate speaker for the best audio quality and experience
Q: Can I use my iphone/android/tablet to access the event and watch virtual sessions?
A: Yes, you can use mobile devices to access and participate in the event.
Best Practice: Please ensure that your mobile device is connected to a stable internet connection. A connection of 3 Mbps or higher is recommended.
Review the recommended system requirements below for the best experience:
- Desktop or laptop computer (note: most computers purchased within the past few years will exceed the minimum requirements stated below.)
- Operating System:
- 1. Mac: Mac OSX 10.7 or later
- 2. Windows: Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista (SP1 or later), XP (SP3 or later)
- 3. Ubuntu: 12.04 or later
- 4. Linux: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 or higher
- Processor / RAM:
- 1. Single Core 1Ghz or higher (Dual core 2Ghz or higher, 4G RAM recommended)
- Web Browser:
- 1. Windows: Chrome 72+, Edge 84+, Firefox 27+, or IE 11+
- 2. Mac: Chrome 30+, Safari 7+Edge 84+, or Firefox 27+
- 3. Linux: Chrome 30+, Firefox 27+
- Internet Connection:
- 1. 1.5 Mbps "up" minimum (3+ Mbps "up" recommended). Note: wireless speeds are lower than your ISP's advertised speeds. You can use speedtest.net to test your speeds on your computer.
- Hardware (recommended but not required)
- 1. Webcam
- 2. The microphone and speakers that come built-in to most computers is adequate, but a headset with a mic or a stand-alone microphone will create a richer, cleaner sound.
- Mobile Web:
- Smartphone with web browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari recommended)
- Native App:
- Apple or Android smartphone
- iOS version 11.0 or higher
- Android version 5.1 (Lollipop) or higher
Create your own FAQs specific to your event.
Download the screen shots used above here.